What is it?
Colloidal Silver is tiny particles of silver suspended in liquid. It can be taken as an oral supplement, used topically or injected intravenously. It has been used in medicine for hundreds of years as a natural antibiotic though it’s currently largely unpopular with mainstream medicine.
Why take it?
Collodial Silver (CS) is said to combat infections (including Lyme and any other pathogens that may be causing CFS/ME) through oxidation and alkylation. In other words, it is an antimicrobial that kills stuff. There are a lot of miracle recovery stories and larger than life marketing claims surrounding CS on the internet and it’s difficult to know what to believe. But my own research suggests there seem to be many people that have had some form of success treating their lyme with CS and there appear to be a number of LLMD’s recommending it.
You have to be careful with this silver because when you take too much you turn blue. That’s right, blue. The official term for this is Argyria. Check out this dude interviewed on Oprah. Now from what I gather you have to take very high dosages of a low quality version of colloidal silver, different to the type used in leading supplement brands. This personally doesn’t scare me off but it’s still good to know.
I was personally recommended ASAP Collodial Silver by a naturopath I trust, although I’ve also come across good reports for both Argentyn 23, Mesosilver and Silvercilin in my research. I haven’t started taking it yet (and have had trouble getting my hands on any here in Belgium) but I plan on trialling it in the near future. Another cheaper and slightly riskier option is to buy a generator and start making it yourself. The choice is yours!
- Here is an Australian newspaper article about a man who recovered from Chronic Lyme and says his home made Colloidal Silver is what got him over the line. I’d love to have a chat with this guy.
- This is a link to a forum discussion exploring the use of Colloidal Silver in CFS/ME.
- This is a post from Natural News with an interesting collection of opinions about the use of Colloidal Silver
- Here is another encouraging recovery story through the use of Colloidal Silver.
- This website explores the correct dosages for the safe use of Colloidal Silver and also has a useful calculator for figuring out how much you can safely consume on a daily basis.
Got some experience with Colloidal Silver?
Leave a comment below and share your insights!
Keen to learn about Rifing?
Or start getting some nature into you with a good old fashioned Green Smoothie?