This is a recipe from Amy a new friend of mine from Tasmania. She is a very creative chef who also has her own website called Holistic Healing & CFS. It’s definitely worth a look and is filled with natural insights and ideas for recovering your health.Getting your diet right is such a critical component of regaining your energy. So what are you waiting for? Get cooking!
These coconut flour pancakes are divine. They are low allergy, high in fiber, high in protein, sugar free, grain free and full of coconutty flavour and goodness. They are very filling. I made these for my sisters birthday. I topped them with more coconut oil, my home made coconut cream kefir (which I will share with you soon) and berries. I generally double the recipe below.
2 tablespoons of organic, virgin coconut oil/butter, melted.
2 tablespoons of coconut milk, alternative milk or even water works.
Preferred sweetener stevia, xylitol, raw honey to desired sweetness.
2 tablespoons of coconut flour.
1/4 teaspoon of celtic sea salt.
1/4 teaspoon of baking powder, preferably aluminium free.
- Blend eggs, oil, coconut milk, sweetener and salt together well with a hand held blender.
- Combine coconut flour with baking powder and mix thoroughly into the wet ingredients.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a pan.
- Spoon the batter onto the hot pan making the pancakes about 2 1/2 to 3 inches in diameter.
- Batter is quite thick, but does flatten out as it warms. Makes about 8 pancakes.
Got a recipe you’d care to share?
Leave a comment below and let the lean cuisine festival begin!
Where to Next?
Is your belly all nice and full? Maybe it’s time for a nap?
Or learn about how a bit of Betaine HCL could make these pancakes even easier to digest!